After School Care
The After School Care (ASC) program is available to all St. Timothy’s students and is held on school days, with dismissal beginning at 6:00 p.m. The ASC program is an extension of the safe, supervised, nurturing environment of St. Timothy’s School. The goals of ASC are to provide students with structured play and an opportunity to complete homework assignments.
All STS students are eligible for our After School Care program and there is no waitlist. Families planning to use our ASC program full-time should complete the online ASC registration form available in August.
Full Time: Every school day except the first and last days of school
Drop-In: Use the program as needed beginning the second day of school, but requests and payment for drop-in service must be received the morning the student plans to attend.
After School Programs
Using LEGO® Bricks and Technic® Elements as well as batteries and motors, students will be building working models and exploring the science behind them. Students will explore themes across myriad fields and learn about Simple Machines, Archimedes theories, Energy and many others! Not only is a Gear Shifters class exciting, but it helps students improve their fine motor and problem-solving skills, reinforce STEM principles, explore their creativity and most importantly, enhances their confidence and teaches engineering skills
Instructor: Gear Shifters
September 13-October 18th
Register Online www.GearShiftersSTEM.com
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Register Online – PROGRAM FULL
Soccer Shots is an engaging children’s soccer program with a focus on character development. Out caring team positively impacts children’s lives on and off the field though best-in-class coaching, curriculum, and communication.
Instructor: Soccer Shots
Classic (PK): 2:30-3:00
Premier (K,1): 3:30-4:00
Mondays, September 25th-November 13th
Register Online https://rdu.soccershots.com/search?loc=506
Learn to make your own woven wall hangings, weave with things we found in nature, and learn multiple weaving techniques from flat weaving to advanced skills. Students will create many different projects such as nature weavings, bookmarks, and tapestries.
Lesson Plan by Week: 1. Nature weavings 2. Learn the basics of loom weaving 3. Small weaving 4. Woven Bookmarks 5. Finish bookmarks 6. Start large loom weaving 7. Progress on large loom weaving 8. Final project completion
When: Mondays, September 25 – November 27
(No class October 2 or November 20)
Instructor: Lauren Hooper
Cost: $210/Eight Classes
There will be no ASC on the first and last days of school.
ASC will close at 5:00 p.m. on the half-day before Christmas Break and the half-day before Spring Break.
This fee-based program is available to students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- $255/month for one student, $210/month for each additional student.
- Payments for full-time registration are due monthly (September – May) and is handled through your VC Pay account.
- Middle school students who are registered for full-time ASC and decide to participate on an St. Timothy’s athletic team will receive a discount for that season.
- Drop-in students are permitted in ASC for a daily fee of $30. Payment is due the day of the student’s attendance. A late fee of $5 is added for payments not received within one week of a student’s attendance.
- If you have an outstanding balance at the end of the first trimester, your child will not be allowed to use ASC until the balance is paid in full.